1、The mystery story aroused my imagination.
(A) stimulated (B) prolonged (C) glorified
2、When you apply for a loan, you must show that you have asset to cover the amount of the loan
(A) assessments (B) properties (C) legal documents
3、Microfilm can hold a large amount of information in a very small storage space because the image is stored in reduced form.
(A) packet (B) book (C) quantity
4、The car was made in 1800; it is now regarded as an antique.
(A) a product (B) a relic (C) a layman
5. Attempts have been made for nearly three decades to increase the amount of precipitation from clouds by seeding them with salt or sliver iodide.
(A) Devices (B) Hypotheses (C) Efforts
6. The ropes are tightly anchored to the rock.
(A) fastened (B) restricted (C) dragged
7. The design of highways and expressways is dictated by terrain features and theanticipated volume of traffic.
(A) desired (B) expected (C) erratic
8. George Gershwin was the first American musician whose jazz compositions were seriously appreciated by concert audiences.
(A) beard (B) sought (C) admired
9. Walk softly as you approach the sleeping baby.
(A)cross (B)drive against (C)near
10. The Chinese people worship their ancestors.
(A)forefathers (B)elders (C)heirs
Whatever you are stimulated, you should write it down.
How do these properties work together?
We've always put quality before quantity.
The zero-sum attitude toward China and its currency is a relic, the legacy of an earlier era when nations defined economic life.
Your encouragement will stimulate me to further efforts.
Then he fastened a torch to every pair of tails.
I expected you sooner.
Sister Anne: I admired them.
She is not herself. She came near to a breakdown.
From ancient times our forefathers have laboured, lived and multiplied on this land.